How Does Ortho-K Work?
The lenses softly and gradually reshape the surface of your eye as you sleep. When you wake up and remove your contact lenses, you should be able to see clearly for the rest of the day without the need for glasses or contact lenses.
Here are 5 facts about ortho-K that you may not be aware of:
1. Ortho-K has been one of the most effective option of myopia control for over 20 years.
2. Ortho-K is not as new as you may believe.
3. The effect of ortho-K lenses may last for more than 12 hours.
4. Ortho-K fittings cannot be completed in just one single visit.
5. Children are excellent candidates for ortho-K.
No-Commitment Consultation & Trial:
- Meet with one of our skilled and dedicated Optometrists to learn more about Ortho-K. Before we do an examination on you or your kid, we will try to answer all your questions and address your concerns, if any!
- We will do a comprehensive eye examination to determine your suitability for Ortho-K Lenses, if you would like, we can arrange a hands-on trial session.
- Feeling good? Only when you are ready and motivated, we will proceed to customise your Ortho-K lenses which will be ready by 2 weeks!
Ortho-K takes much longer to complete than a conventional contact lens fitting. A series of appointment visits and maybe many pairs of lenses are required. The mould for Ortho-K are also more expensive than typical contact lenses. As a result, Ortho-K rates are more than standard contact lens fitting expenses. To find out if you are a suitable candidate for treatment, a preliminary full eye examination, including corneal topography, is required, and our trained Optometrist will be able to answer specific questions about your situation.
Within two weeks of starting treatment, the majority of our patients would notice a considerable improvement in their vision. However, in other circumstances, a longer period of time may be required to achieve the best outcomes.
Yes! The length of the eye grows longer as myopia progresses. This raises the likelihood of future eye issues. Ortho-K works as a brake, slowing myopia growth. There is enough evidence in the literature to indicate that Ortho-K considerably slows the progression of myopia and may be more effective than other known therapeutic interventions.
If you have a habit of losing or abusing your contact lenses/glasses, or if wearing them hinders with your active life, you are a good candidate. The minimal age to begin Ortho-K is five years. Thus, if you don’t want to be burdened by wearing glasses or contact lenses in your active lifestyle. Ortho-K is for you!